Extreme Networks ERS 3650GTS 50-port Switch
Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Feature-rich Ethernet Switch platforms leveraging nextgeneration technology optimized for the Branch Office and smaller Wiring Closets. Extreme Networks Ethernet Routing Switch 3600 products sport the performance and agility to excel in conventional IP network deployments in additional to enabling the edge for Fabric-based solutions.
The new Ethernet Routing Switch 3600 products leverage the latest advances in network switching architecture design to maximize hardware performance and software capability. These products offer a significant evolutionary step for the entry-level Ethernet Routing Switch 3000 Series, particularly in terms of value and future-ready flexibility, and have been optimized for the Enabled Edge role.
The primary purpose of a network is to interconnect users with their applications, and the best networks do this reliably, efficiently, and with a high degree of agility. Extreme Networks’ Fabric-based architecture empowers companies to extend the virtualized Ethernet Fabric beyond the Data Center, to the very edge of the network, delivering powerful integration of users, applications, and devices.
The new Ethernet Routing Switch 3600 (ERS 3600) products are an important part of this strategy, delivering Fabric Attach capabilities in a cost-effective form-factor. The ERS 3600 products can be deployed standalone, or configured as a Stackable Chassis system of up to eight units/400 ports, supported by up to 192Gbps of virtual backplane bandwidth.
Supporting modern Enterprise applications requires a flexible and highly reliable infrastructure, and the ERS 3600 products help deliver against this challenge. These are highly effective products, fit-for-purpose for conventional Routed IP connectivity requirements and future-ready for the evolving and emerging software-defined needs of tomorrow. Offering feature-rich support for both IP- and Fabric-based Edge networking gives businesses the flexibility to satisfy all common deployment scenarios, with the added advantage of an easy transitioning between the two.
Extreme Networks brings unique differentiation to the Branch Office and small-to-medium Wiring Closet role: with a flexible, non-blocking “Stackable Chassis” architecture. The proprietary Extreme Networks “Flexible Advanced Stacking Technology” (FAST) protocol – implemented over dedicated Quality-of-Service aware interfaces – enables a resilient, high-performance solution that leverages a shortest path algorithm to minimizes transit hops in a multi-device configuration by providing active-active bidirectional traffic flows. The Extreme Networks Stackable Chassis technology can offer the same performance, resiliency, and ease of serviceability attributes of a traditional Chassis solution, but at a lower, pay-as-yougrow price point. Notable is the ability to swap-out an individual failed unit without the requirement to pre- or post-stage operating system software or configuration; providing equivalency to module replacement for a modular Chassis system.
The ERS 3600 products are purpose-built to support the demands of today’s entry-level Wiring Closet with high-density, full-featured Gigabit Ethernet. It alleviates infrastructure complexity and reduces operational burden with a truly scalable and strategic architecture; it is designed to deliver a high-performance Enabled Edge solution that fully optimizes investments in next-generation application software.
Leveraging both next-generation hardware and software technology provides a solution that is ready to support both today’s requirements and tomorrow’s emerging needs. The ERS 3600 products enable businesses to future-proof with a highly software-definable network virtualization solution.
- High-performance Wiring Closet Switches
- Delivers Enabled Edge
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
- Non-blocking, wire-speed switching performance
- High-capacity Stackable Chassis architecture
- 24 or 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet for Access connectivity
- 2 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet for Network Uplink connectivity
- 2 dual-use ports of 10 Gigabit for Stackable Chassis or Network Uplink connectivity
- Optional support for full-power PoE/PoE+
- Ethernet Switches that are simple to operate
- Certified 1-Minute plug-and-play for IP Phones
- Auto Set-Up for Unified Communications
- Intelligent Stacking delivers Enterprise-class scalability
- Lifetime Warranty
Features and Capabilities
- Non-blocking, wire-speed
- Integrated design
- Extreme Stackable Chassis
- Extreme Fabric Attach
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
Broadly speaking, the Ethernet Routing Switch 3600 products provide a mix of Gigabit Ethernet ports for edge access and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports for network uplinks. Model variants that support Power-over-Ethernet (PoE/PoE+) are also available, and all models feature a fixed, high-efficiency AC power supply. Two different port configurations are available: 26-port and 50-port models, each available in either a PoE or non-PoE format. The product range includes the following models:
- ERS 3626GTS – 24 x Gigabit RJ45 Access ports, including 2 x Combo Gigabit ports, plus 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ Uplink ports, and 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ dual-use Stack/Uplink ports
- ERS 3626GTS-PWR+ – 24 x Gigabit RJ45 Access ports with PoE+, including 2 x Combo Gigabit ports, plus 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ Uplink ports, and 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ dual-use Stack/Uplink ports
- ERS 3650GTS – 48 x Gigabit RJ45 Access ports, including 2 x Combo Gigabit ports, plus 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ Uplink ports, and 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ dual-use Stack/Uplink ports
- ERS 3650GTS-PWR+ – 48 x Gigabit RJ45 Access ports with PoE+, including 2 x Combo Gigabit ports, plus 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ Uplink ports, and 2 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ dual-use Stack/Uplink ports
The product’s proven design leverages a sophisticated chipset from the Industry’s leading supplier, featuring high-performance switching and frame forwarding. The switching core is designed to deliver wire-speed capabilities, with a fully integrated ASIC architecture that facilitates hardware-assisted feature execution.
The 26-port models – ERS 3626GTS and ERS 3626GTS-PWR+ - feature 24 access ports of 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet with RJ45 interfaces; these ports also support 10/100Mbps connectivity. Two of these ports are configured in combination with SFP sockets for flexible use as Gigabit uplinks. Two SFP+ interfaces provide 10 Gigabit network uplink connectivity. There are also two additional interfaces that can be used for either Stackable Chassis virtual backplane links or additional network uplinks.
The 50-port models – ERS 3650GTS and ERS 3650GTS-PWR+ - feature 48 access ports of 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet with RJ45 interfaces; these ports also support 10/100Mbps connectivity. Again, two SFP+ interfaces provide 10 Gigabit network uplink connectivity. There are also two additional interfaces that can be used for either Stackable Chassis virtual backplane links or additional network uplinks.
The ERS 3600 models use of 10 Gigabit ports for Stackable Chassis connectivity delivers QoS-aware, high-speed connections that enable a resilient, high-performance hardware virtualization solution. This leverages a shortest path algorithm to minimizes transit hops in a multi-device configuration and supporting active-active bi-directional traffic flows.
These Power-over-Ethernet models – ERS 3626GTS-PWR+ and ERS 3650GTS-PWR+ – support full Standards-compliant IEEE 802.3af/802.3at PoE/PoE+ delivering up to 30W per port to power IP Phones, Wireless Access Points, networked IP CCTV Cameras, and other converged devices. A PoE power budget of 720W is available for the PWR+ models, delivering the following:
- ERS 3626GTS-PWR+ – supporting all 24 access ports at up to 30W
- ERS 3650GTS-PWR+ – supporting 24 access ports at up to 30W, or 48 ports at up to 15W, or a variable mix of the two
The ERS 3600 products add significant flexibility to an Enterprise’s networking capability. Deployed with other Extreme Networks or third party Ethernet Switch devices, the ERS 3600 products provide high-capacity, highperformance connectivity solution for Branch Office and small-to-medium Wiring Closet applications.
The ERS 3600 products deliver key Enterprise-class benefits, including:
- Always-On – Stackable Chassis delivers a best-in-class highavailability solution, featuring hot-swappable unit replacement.
- Convergence-Ready – Support for PoE/PoE+, optimized for high-definition video surveillance, true plug-andplay capabilities for communications, collaboration, and engagement deployments, and advanced QoS capabilities.
- Powerful – Wire-speed performance, truly scalable virtual backplane capabilities, delivering up to 192Gbps of throughput to support large-scale deployments.
- Highly Secure – Standards-based 802.1X Network Access Control can also be integrated with Extreme Networks’s award-winning Identity Engines technology for centralized, policy-based authenticated network access.
- Flexibility and Agility – Best-in-class pay-as-you-grow scalability, versatile PoE/PoE+ support, and 1/10 Gigabit network uplinks.
- Fabric-Enabled – Supporting Extreme Networks’s Fabric Attach technology to empower a seamless transition to an agile, software-defined virtualized networking solution.
- Energy Efficient – Focusing on end-to-end energy efficiency, dynamic Energy Saver further reduces power consumption for both the Ethernet Switch (ranging 8-17%) and IP Phones without impacting service availability.
Features and Capabilities:
Enterprise-Class Features for Small-to-Midsize Businesses
The feature-rich Ethernet Routing Switch 3600 Series leverages next-generation technology optimized for the branch office and smaller wiring closets. It provides the performance and agility to excel in conventional IP network deployments in addition to enabling the edge for Fabric-based solutions.
Flexible Deployment Options
Choose from 24- and 48-port variants, and standalone and stackable options.
High-Performance Resilient Stacking
Resilient stacking that provides pay as you grow scaling with up to 192 Gbps of virtual backplane capacity in a stack of 8 units.
From an operating system software perspective, the ERS 3600 products are being introduced via the BOSS 6.0 release; therefore, this will be the minimum level of system software required to operate the Switches.
This release also delivers a number of major software enhancements:
- Extreme Networks Fabric Attach - delivering zerotouch Edge provisioning for unattended and IoT devices
- RIP v1/v2 Dynamic IP Routing
- DHCPv6 Guard
- Multicast Listener Discovery v1/v2 Snooping & Proxy
- IPv6 features, including First-Hop Security, Neighor Discovery Inspection, Source Guard, and Router Advertisement Guard
Features and Capabilities
- Non-blocking, wire-speed switching architecture.
- Integrated design that is optimized for low latency and high Quality-of-Service (including QoS-aware Stackable Chassis interfaces).
- Feature-rich support for conventional VLAN, Multi-Link Trunking, Spanning Tree technologies.
- Extreme Networks Stackable Chassis technology supporting scalability up to 8 units/400 ports, and Auto-Unit Replacement for Software Image and Configuration.
- Extreme Networks Fabric Connect technology support for Fabric Attach.
- Static, Non-Local IP Routing, and RIP Dynamic IP Routing.
- Lifetime Hardware Warranty, providing Next Business Day shipment of replacement hardware.
- Lifetime Software Warranty, providing access to Updates and Upgrades.
- Lifetime Basic Technical Support.
- 90-Day Post-Purchase Advanced Technical Support.
- Base Software License, included with hardware purchase enables all software features.
|ERS 3650GTS Specifications|
|Layer 3 IPv4 Routing Services||
|Layer 3 IPv6 Routing Services||
|QoS and Filtering||
|Operations and Management||
|Dimensions||ERS 3650GTS: 17.3 in (W) x 1.7 in (H) x 11.0 in (D) 440 mm x 44 mm x 280 mm
ERS 3650GTS-PWR+: : 17.3 in (W) x 1.7 in (H) x 19.9 in (D) 440 mm x 44 mm x 380 mm
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Storage Humidity||10 to 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||0 to 3,048m (0 to 10,000ft) maximum|
|Storage Altitude||0 to 12,192m (0 to 40,000ft) maximum|
|Safety Agency Approvals||
|Electromagnetic Emissions and Immunity||
*3M, 5M and 10M 10GBASE-CX DACs are also supported as stacking cables on ERS 3600.
Download the Extreme Networks Ethernet Routing Switch 3600 Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.